Short Chin Surgery
Introduction to Short Chin Surgery
A short chin can make the mouth protrude and give an awkward looking facial profile. Depending on the individual chin shape, Pitangui’s short chin surgery can address both cosmetic and functional issues. It aims to transform the facial form into a slim, v-line contour.
This surgery sees an incision made in the chin bone (mentum) and then the bones are moved forward. The technique is customized to each patient’s required outcome, leading to a natural looking chin profile.
- Cutting the mentum, avoiding the nerve lines through careful incision in the mouth
Moving the chin bone forward enough to be harmonious with the overall facial profile
- Fixing the mentum bone with fixing pins
In cases where the short chin is less severe, we can implant a prosthesis that is bespoke for the patient’s individual jawbone profile. The procedure is simple and involves a small incision being made inside the mouth.
- Small incision made inside the mouth to prepare for prosthetic implant.
- Implanting the prosthesis that has been designed to complement the individual’s jawbone profile.
- Fixing the prosthesis and careful suturing of the incision inside the mouth.
Features of Pitangui Short Chin Surgery
Pictures before and after an operation
Individual Results may vary depending on many factors, not all patients “feel” or achieve the same results.
What Our Customers Say
DR. JEA SUNG, YOO
DR. HYE JOON, PARK